How to Find the Right Family Lawyer for Your Situation
Why Should I Hire a Family Lawyer?
Family law is a very delicate topic, and, as such, it should be handled very carefully. Since family law oftentimes involves “fighting” someone who is close to you, it can be very difficult to approach matters objectively. To avoid an emotional and complicated legal process, hiring an experienced family lawyer is a must.
Choosing the Right Family Lawyer
When choosing a family law attorney, there are a few things that you should consider:
- The type of legal service you need. A family lawyer can help you with a wide variety of services. Many people seek a family law attorney for divorce, mediation, prenuptial agreements, parenting time, post judgement modification, relocation, domestic violence, child support, or child custody.
- Find the right financial fit. It is important to note that different types of legal services may be priced differently. A credible family law attorney will be transparent about their hourly rate, and if their rate fluctuates based on the legal services you need.
- Lawyer qualifications. When hiring a family or divorce lawyer, it is important to consider their experience, reputation, and qualifications. By considering these factors, it will be easier to trust that your lawyer will be able to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
- Personal compatibility. Family law is a very important and sensitive topic. You will be spending a lot of time—and sharing very personal details—with your potential family lawyer. It would be best for you and your lawyer to have some form of compatibility to ensure that both parties feel understood and respected.
Do You Need a Family Lawyer?
Are you someone who is considering hiring a family lawyer, but not sure if you need one? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you preparing for marriage?
- Are you considering divorce?
- Is there a conflict concerning child custody?
- Are you drafting estate plans and wills?
If you can say “yes” to any of these questions, you may want to consider reaching out to a family lawyer. Through negotiation, mediation, and litigation, Lazor Rantas, PC handles a variety of family law issues, ranging from sophisticated and complex cases to those with more straightforward legal matters. With each case, our firm caters to meet your goals for the future. One size does not fit all when it comes to family law, and no two cases are alike. This is why we always take a personal approach to each client’s unique situation.